- to promote sound and appropriate technologies for the management of aquatic resources
- to provide opportunities for educational advancement (Robert L. Johnson Memorial Research Grant-information and application)
- to encourage relevant scientific research in the discipline
- to promote the exchange of information
- to expand and develop public interest in aquatic resources and their sustainable management
MAPMS provides information and assistance required by those who work with the unique ecological, sociological economic and regulatory concerns associated with managing aquatic plants in lake systems affected by exotic species, nutrient pollution, use conflicts and intense recreational demands.